Delivery: Celestia, the traditional 45-meter (approx. 148-foot) Phinisi yacht will offer bespoke private sailing experiences throughout the Indonesian archipelago from January 2023.
Celestia’s luxury yacht Phinisi will sail the majestic waters of the Indonesian archipelago from January 2023.
Jakarta, Indonesia – Celestiaa new 45-meter Phinisi yacht designed to provide unforgettable voyages across the Indonesian archipelago, will officially set sail in January 2023. Designed by Cape Town-based interior designer Deirdre Renniers and designed by naval architect Tresno Seery , the traditional Indonesian vessel the newest and most sought-after addition to cruise offerings in the iconic Coral Triangle (home to 75% of the world’s coral species), offering an authentic way to experience some of the most pristine places and the most impressive on Earth, including Raja Ampat, Komodo and the spice islands.
Celestia is the passion project of a sibling Jasmine Chong and Jason Tabalujan, whose vision for the ship is to immerse guests in the romance of travel and the art of being one with nature. After spending much of the last two years around each other’s world – Jason in Jakarta and Jasmine in New York – the brother-sister duo dreamed of reuniting as a family through a shared love of travel, of the sea and their homeland of Indonesia. The result is Celestia: a traditional seven-cabin Phinisi that lives up to its Latin nickname of “paradise,” seamlessly merging the beauty of the natural world with the sublime.
Jasmine is a New York-based fashion designer and Jason is a seasoned fund manager focused on South East Asia. Their professional passions become personal with Celestia by seamlessly harmonizing the centuries-old UNESCO-recognized building traditions that give the Phinisi its iconic structure with a sophisticated, internationally-inspired interior design, anchored by a range of hand-finished works. handmade by traditional Indonesian boat builders and craftsmen. A perfect duo to oversee the creation of Celestia inside and out, Jasmine and Jason’s technical and creative skills have resulted in a product that is not only aesthetically evocative of the destination, but a living experience. global hospitality that is personal in its approach and authentic in its delivery.
Quick facts about Celestia:
- 45 meters (about 148 feet) from bow to stern
- Seven cabins and ensuite bathrooms with Villeroy & Boch and Geberit finishes: one King suite with private terrace and solarium, two spacious cabins on the upper deck (each with private balcony), two Queen Bed cabins, two Twin Bed cabins
- Encompassing more than 17,000 islands, the Indonesian archipelago is dotted with private islands, secluded bays, stunning landscapes and unparalleled marine environments.
- Celestia offers its customers a tailor-made experience with tailor-made itineraries. Private charter trips range from 3-7 nights in the Komodo region to 7-14 nights in other areas of the Coral Triangle including Raja Ampat and the Spice Islands.
- Activities include world class diving, snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, water skiing, wakeboarding, bird watching, private island hopping, star gazing, private beach dinners, meditative yoga, massages, and nature hikes
- Rates start at approximately USD 9,000 per night (maximum occupancy of 14 people)