Public comment on Submissions for review, public testimony, and Commission voting can be provided prior to the hearing by submitting written testimony through our online form. before 12:00 p.m. (noon) on May 9, 2022. You will also have the opportunity to submit comments during the meeting via the Zoom platform or by telephone. If you need closed captioning, you can make a request to [email protected]
About the Boston Art Commission
The Boston Art Commission, headed by the Mayor’s Office of Arts and Culture, is an independent board of nine appointed art and design professionals who hold public meetings to consider and vote on matters concerning the collection of city art. The City’s curatorial vision is to commission and endorse innovative and transformative works of art that engage communities, enrich and enliven the urban environment, are driven by a strong artistic vision, enhance the diversity of the existing collection, respond directly to a specific environment and possess durability. adapted to the life of the structure. For more information, see boston.gov/public-art.
The public can testify.
- Call to order and review of the minutes
- Community Initiated Commissions
- Commissions initiated by the city
- Existing collections
Submissions for Public Art: Public Review and Testimony
- Instructions for Public Comments
- pictures of the year; Short-term project; Final Design; Copley Square, Back Bay and Jamaica Pond, Jamaica Plain; Artists: various; Supporter: Boston Press Photographers Association
- Boston Women’s Memorial signage; Final design; Commonwealth Avenue Mall, Back Bay; Artist: Meredith Bergman; Promoter: Boston Women’s Heritage Trail
- beam me down; Short term; Final design; LoPresti Park, East Boston; Artist and Promoter: Eli Brown
- Emancipation Group; Short term; Outgoing loan; Los Angeles, CA; Developer: LAXARTS and youthe Geffen Contemporary at MOCA
- Soul Awakening; Long term; Final design; Washington Mansion, South End; Artist: Victor “Marka27” Quinonez; Supporter: City of Boston
- Untitled; Long term; Final design; Jeremy “Sobek” Harrison; Roxbury Branch of the Boston Public Library, Roxbury; Artist: Jeremy “Sobek” Harrison; Promoter: City of Boston